Question
Posted by: lee | 2007/08/23

is it the bipolar or is it me?

hi doc and others

i have got bipolar 2 am on meds, but i am sleeping with a married man in order to fall preggies, he does not know my intention as i do not plan to keep in contact with him after i fall pregnant. his wife knows that i have slept with him as we engage in 3somes together. but is this me or the bipolar because i really want to have a baby. i have already lost 3 due to miscarriage. but not with him i was in a previous long term relationship which ended horribly. my life is and was a mess. and i want to move forward i want to have a baby. please do not judge me.

I don't really see what all this would have to do with having Bipolar Disorder except that during a Manic Phase, one may do daft and self-damaging things, being impulsive and losing ones skills at critical thinking and caution. Why on earth, especially while you are unwell, are you so determined to fall pregnant ? And why by a married man ? And why hide from him what you're trying to do ? And why the threesomes ? You may want to have a baby, but wise people choose a way of foing so, and a timing of it, that will be most beneficial to you and the child. What's the hurry ? If your life is currently a mess, having a baby will increase, not decrease, the degree of mess.
I'm not judging you, but I think you ugently need to do so. What you're descibing isn't sensible, and will definitely not improve the chaos in your life nor help you to feel better, and it certainly will not be good for any child conceived in this way and at this time. DO see a good local shrink for a full assessment of this situation, and take good advice on proper treatment, and counselling, to sort this out with minimal extra problems and pain for you