Question
Posted by: SPOKIE | 2007/12/18

IS IT SINUSITIS?

I HAD A BAD CASE OF FLU AND SINUSITIS IN OCTOBER. SINCE THEN (EVEN THOUGH I AM FINE NOW) I CANNOT SMELL ANYTHING (NOT EVEN MY PERFUME!) OR REALLY TASTE ANYTHING.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP OR GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS??

Hallo Spokie
The olfactory nerve receptor neurons are located in the olfactory mucosa of the upper parts of the nasal cavity. This is probably a temporary loss of smell due to the infection. Because we depend heavily on smell when tasting, it may feel like your tasting is also affected ( think back when you had a cold and your nose was totally blocked)
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anosmia