Question
Posted by: HELPLESS | 2005/06/30

IS IT SAFE TO TAKE ACID DRINKS

I'm sorry if this may sound foolish, but i wanted to know from anyone if it is safe for to drink things like Sprite, Fanta Orange ....things that have acid. Lately i enjoy drinking sparkling mineral water and Sprite. I thought Coca Cola was the only drink prohibited because it contains lots of acid. I also like drinking my rooibos tea with lemon and honey. Is it safe? I'm 8 weeks now and i'll die if anything went wrong with this baby...its my first child.

PLEASE ASSIST...

These drinks are fine. Just don't over do it.

11
Posted by: Moi | 2005/06/30

well, according to the old wives tales, if you fancy sour food, you're expecting a boy! me, i cant seem to get enough of pickles, and any sour sweets that i can get my hands on!!!!

Reply to Moi
Posted by: Poolnymph | 2005/06/30

I've always loved my coffee, but I do put in effort at the moment to drink more tea now during my pregnancy. Rooibos doesn't contain any caffeine, so that's why you can drink it without worries.
I must admit, I have a bit of a soft spot for pepsi at the moment, so a I have small glass every day or second day.
Anon - funny you mention lemons - Love them at the moment too - actually anything sour makes me very happy!

God Bless.

Reply to Poolnymph
Posted by: Moi | 2005/06/30

A friend of mine became almost addicted to coke while she was pregnant! it's all that she wanted to drink! her gynae told her not to worry about it. She has a beautiful little boy, and there is nothing wrong with him! he is already 2. she has the same craving with her second pregnany, and again, she has a healthy little 3 month old son!

Reply to Moi
Posted by: anon | 2005/06/30

My gran had such a craving for lemons when she was pregnant, she ate them raw and juicy! The main issue with fizzy drinks is the sugar and i dont like the idea of all the preservatives etc., but yes, in moderation is fine. With coke and coffee, caffeine is the no no. They say the chinese and some other nations eat foods that can be and are toxic in large amounts, but because they eat such a variety and small quantities of everything, they're fine!

Reply to anon
Posted by: karin | 2005/06/30

you can drink coke ect, in moderation but caffiene is not good for the baby, this must be added to your quota of coffee and chocolate, enjoy a little, dont drink any lite drinks as the contain aspartenine which is bad for baby.. x hope this helps.

Reply to karin
Posted by: Zettie | 2005/06/30

Just conveniently ignoring stupid remarks.

Reply to Zettie
Posted by: anonymouse | 2005/06/30

U ladies make me so proud. Nobody taking the bait........

U guys have grown up since my last visit?????

Reply to anonymouse
Posted by: Poolnymph | 2005/06/30

Helpless, the only reason they don't recommend Coke during pregnancy is because of the caffeine in it, not the gas. So enjoy the sprite and mineral water. Rooibos is very healthy even during pregnancy, so enjoy that too.
You're not being foolish, you won't know if you don't ask, so ask if you need to.

God Bless.

Reply to Poolnymph
Posted by: Zettie | 2005/06/30

As someone else mentioned on the forum recently, everything in moderation. As long as you stick to that.

I think Coke is regarded as bad because of the caffiene & sugar content more than anything else.

Cheers

Reply to Zettie
Posted by: Anonymouse | 2005/06/30

*your

Reply to Anonymouse
Posted by: AnonyMOUSE | 2005/06/30

Well, if you're drinking 'acid' then you'd better be careful.........

Its a wonder u havent burnt youir lips off yet....ha ha

PS yes i meant to spell my name as 'mouse'

Reply to AnonyMOUSE