Question
Posted by: ANXIOUS | 2004/12/21

IS IT SAFE TO GET PREGNANT AFTER 18 YEARS AT 36?

i HAVE AN 18 YEAR OLD SON.
I HAVE REMARRIED AND MY HUSBAND AND I ARE CONSIDERING HAVING A BABY. I'M NOT REALLY HEALTHY..I HAVE HASHIMOTO' THYROIDITIS. i AM TIRED ALL THE TIME.
IS IT SAFT AT MY AGE (36 YEARS) TO BE CONSIDERING GETTING PREGNANT?

Your age is not a major problem. The thyroiditis is more of a concern. If you are tired all the time, it may mean that your thyroid levels are low. It would not be a good idea to fall pregnant if this is the case. However,this should be correctable with medication.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2004/12/22

I don't know about your thyroid problem, you had better check this with your doctor.

However, I wanted to mention that my Mother had my sister when my brother was 17 and I was 15. My mom was 36 when she fell pregnant and besides having slightly high blood pressure, she had a healthy pregnancy and my sister is perfect!!

Good luck!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Sally | 2004/12/21

Your age is definitely not a problem at all. However, your thyroid disease could well make it difficult for you to fall pregnant, and you need to get it properly under control before you even think of trying for another baby.

Reply to Sally