Question
Posted by: bib | 2007/05/25

is it safe

I need to know if it safe to take Nuzak 20mg during pregancy. i am 7 weeks, and am supposed to take it for the next 6 months.

thankx

I really can't answer that from a distance --- you ought to discuss this with the doctor prescribing the Nuzak, who ought to be fully familiar with both your depression and your pregnancy, and be able to make an appropriate judgement based on this. It can be relatively safe in pregnancy, especially compared to the risks of untreatd depression during pregnancy, but I prefer to recommend CBT counselling during pregnancy, as it is fulyl safe as well as effective