Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/12/18

Is it right to use 2 contraceptives

my doc put me on nordette on the 1st day of my period.that was 4 weeks ago and i am still bleeding.went to him again last week and he put me on depo and said it should stop it immediatly.it is tuesday and i am still bleeding.did the sonar and there was nothing wrong.he now gave me ovral and said i should take two for 3 days the bleeding will stop.my concern is, is this ok, will it not confuse my hormones even more?what can i use that will definatly stop them?

Having had the Depo, this will last for 3 months. It often does stop bleeding but has not worked in your case. The Ovral is a short course which may or may not help. The other option is to just wait it out.