Question
Posted by: Maxi | 2007/03/01

Is it pre-menopause?

I am 43yrs old. Started menstruating at 11yrs old. Never had children. I still have regular periods, but getting heavier. Not on any contraceptives. On meds for years for anxiety disorder. Am overweight, no exercise and a smoker! Blood pressure normal and otherwise healthy. Have been getting "sweats" at different times during the day/evening. My face goes red and I start sweating profusely. Could this be the start of menopause? Thanks

Yes it could be. Hot flushes often start before any change in the periods.