Question
Posted by: PP | 2008/05/21

Is it possible to get pregnant

I am 45yrs, got pregnant when was 20, now want another one is it possible once told I have blocked fallopian tubes but was not treated, can it be cured, please refer me to clinic around Jhb if possible.

At your age, your fertility would be significantly decreased. It is not unknown for women of 45 years to fall pregnant, but your chances would be as low as 2%. In addition, there would be a very high risk of Down syndrome. You could check with your gynaecologist whether you are still ovulating but, even if you are, 'old' eggs usually do not fertilise.