Question
Posted by: newbie | 2004/09/22

is it possible to 'feel' where the baby has implanted? 5 weeks.

I imagine that I can feel that the baby has implanted on the left side. I've got sort of a twitchy feeling there- not really painful, but it feels like there's a bit of pressure there. Could it be that I am feeling where the egg has attached, ot might it be ectopic?
Thanks.

It is unlikely that you can feel where the baby implanted. Suggest a scan to be sure it is in the right place

4
Posted by: newbie | 2004/09/22

Thank you so much ladies, you have out my mind at rest. This is my first baby, 2nd pregnancy (had a mc), so I suppose I am bound to be a bit paranoid.

Reply to newbie
Posted by: Chey | 2004/09/22

I dont know but it is best to detect it early otherwise it may rupture and your tube may have to be removed. In my case luckily my gynae "caught it" in time - 8wks and he managed to save my tube - luckily as we are TTC. Actually my period was due to start Monday past so I am holding thumbs! Dont want to get too excited yet though & am really trying not to run out and buy a pregnancy test!! Am trying to wait until Monday

Also with my ectopic pregnancy I had a brown discharge which is also a common indication when you have an ectopic.

So dont stress - your pregnancy is probably fine. Slight cramps are normal as your body is stretching slowly inside.

Reply to Chey
Posted by: newbie | 2004/09/22

Thanks, if it gets painful I will contact my gynaecologist immediately. What is the furthest oe could be, before finding out its ectopic?

Reply to newbie
Posted by: Chey | 2004/09/22

Hi Newbie,

I can only answer re: the ectopic as I had one at 8 weeks. For 3 weeks prior to this I had terrible sharp stabbing pains on the left side (where the ectopic was found).

If you do not have bad pain then I dont think it can be an ectopic.

Best of luck

Reply to Chey