Question
Posted by: Gee | 2005/12/01

Is it possible that I could be HIV positive?

In November 2003 I had a boyfriend that I slept with using a condom but the condom broke while we were having sex and then we continued without protection and that same month we broke up.I have never tested before him and after him. This year I came across him and he is now sick and he told me that he is HIV positive.I'm health and I exercise a lot and I'm very good with my diet so I feel perfectly healthy but I'm just wondering if there is a possibility for me to be HIV positive. I have had a number of partners after we broke up but I have been using a condom most of the times but not always.What shall I do?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Gee!

You must be worrying quite a lot. Please get tested. Although I cannot give it to you as a percentage, there is certainly a chance that you may be HIV positive, despite the fact that you still feel fine. Like you say, you do look after yourself physically. Your sexual behaviour has however been less responsable, putting you at risk. Get tested, start on a clean slate and make a commitment to keeping yourself safe whatever the result may be.

All of the best!
Laurent

1
Posted by: Thia | 2005/12/01

hi there

love there is only one way to find out GET TESTED FOR HIV.

Reply to Thia