Question
Posted by: Justaboy | 2008/01/22

Is it possible?

Good day Expert

I would just like to know whether it is at all possible to contract HIV from someone if they perform oral sex on me or by kissing open mouth/french kiss?

What I would also like to know, hope I don't sound too detailed ... when acting as passive in a relationship, is HIV only spread when the passive partner has/gets a cut on the inside of the anus/anal canal, or is the rish anyhow high if pre-cum or semen enters the anus.

Will appreciate your help!

Thanks so much.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Thanks for the post Justaboy....

You can relax completely about someone else performing oral sex on you, and deep kissing is totally safe. You can also perform oral sex on another guy provided that he doesn't ejaculate in your mouth.

There is a VERY high risk of transmission through semen in the rectum - the virus can pass through the rectal lining. Always use condoms and water-based lube.