Question
Posted by: Want a baby | 2007/05/02

Is it Possible

I would like to know, I have 3 kids, I am divorced but in a relationship right now. We want a baby, I was told by my gyno that my one ovary is damaged. I have not been on any contraceptive for almost 6 years. Last year I fell pregnant but the there was no hearbeat after 2 months and the baby had to be aborted. My gyno said that this is a good sign, now one year later I am struggling again. Do I need to wait until it happens again or can you give me advise.

Dear Want a baby

Since it is already one year following your last pregnancy I would recommend that active management be instituted. This would entail ovulation induction using either tablets or injectables coupled with intra-uterine insemination. However, a routine spermiogram should be done prior to embarking on this form of treatment.