Question
Posted by: Ali | 2006/07/27

Is it possible

CS- Can one really be cured from depression cos for me it seems it is recurring. I get diagnosed, be on medication, be fine and a year later I start showing symptons again. I try by all means to avoid styressful situations but it doesn't help. Does this mean I will be on antidepressents for the rest of my life?

Some people are lucky enough to have one or two episodes of Depression in their life, and these can be cured. For others, with Depression or the related Bipolar Disorder, Depression can indeed be a recurrent problem -- but again, with proper reatment ( and I'd include CBT counselling in that category ) as so often in medicine, a condition that may not get cured, can be controlled. Some of do need to be on antidepressants long-term, but it can be worth it.

1
Posted by: ?? | 2006/07/27

There are many reasons for depression. Your job, your family, your health......... Without knowing the detail no one can suggest you.

Reply to ??