Question
Posted by: Curious | 2005/07/25

Is it possible?...

HI ladies..
I know this might sound silly and stupid..
I want to know can a doctor/gynae find out that a woman is not a virgin if he is doing a sonar or a procedure that looks through her abdomen?..if so, how so?..

A gynaecologist can dteect this by examining a woman. However, patient confidentiality would prevent them from telling anyone else.

5
Posted by: Curious | 2005/07/25

I am totally against the family tradition and it has been done all this years..and i really want to break that chain..my girlfriend knows about the tradition..but i just dont want her to go through that..i now have the task to convince my parents that my fiancee is "untouched"..thank you so much for the responses..really appreciate it..

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Dee | 2005/07/25

No a gynae cannot find out that way.You are right the hymen can stretch or even break because of sports.There are also different types of hymens and some are such a small membrane that she will not bleed at all.Not all women bleed.

Does your girlfriend know the familys expectations.I think she should not be caught by suprise.And its good that you love and trust her.And as much as I respect your family's way of doing things you say you are a modern man and I assume it does not matter much to you.Your girlfriend needs to know that you back her up so that if the bleeding does not happen you guys can be a united front

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Wondering | 2005/07/25

How are they going to know if there was spotting or not in the first night if you don’t tell them?

The whole thing is a private matter between you and your fiancé' and I don’t think that they should actually know anything about your personal sex life.

Reply to Wondering
Posted by: Curious | 2005/07/25

My girfriend has been complaining of cramps in her abdomen..we are getting married in December, and coming from a very traditional family(even though i consider myself very cosmopolitan and modern-my parents are not).Our elders would expect her to be a virgin when she marries into the family.I just dont want a humiliating and embarrasing moment for my girlfriend. I cant ask her myself-i trust her completely and love her.And she is a very active person.I know about the layer(its called the hymen)..If there is no spotting during the "first night"..the elders will think she was not a virgin when we married..

Reply to Curious
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/25

I don't think so. I know there is a 'skin' that usually gets broken when you lose your virginity but now days Women are alot more active with sports & I believe the skin usually gets broken anyway through all the activity.

Why do you ask?

Reply to SLC