Question
Posted by: 235 | 2004/12/14

is it possible

dear doc

is it possible for a man to love only one woman.

my husband says he has eyes for only me, but i still feel insecure. i know people DO have affairs, but is it possible that a man can only love/have eyes for one woman.

,,,,,

5
Posted by: 235 | 2004/12/14

actually the only reason i feel this way is not coz of my husband but coz of my insecurities. and besides i know most men do look around even though they love their wives. so i find it difficult to believe he has eyes only for me and this makes me feel insecure. but maybe i should just trust that he does love me and he does find me attractive, coz he really does. he's really very sweet and i should stop feeling that way.

i just wanted to see what you guys thought about it. thanx a lot guys. you really helped.

Reply to 235
Posted by: Inc | 2004/12/14

Yes, a man can possibly only love one woman... however, it is also possible for a man to love more than one. Is there reason for your insecurity? You know your man and if there is something that is making you feel so uneasy, then you should address it with him. Having an affair doesn't have to have anything to do with love... people can have affairs to satisfy a lust. A man can love one woman and lust after many.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/12/14

Yes - unless you stuff up it will remain so. You are obviously doing everything right - don't look for trouble where there is none.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/14

Of-course it's possible, & yes it is possible for a man to have eyes for only one woman as well. Have you ever heard a guy tell you that everytime he looks at another woman he only sees you??? Well that's coz he only wants to see you & whatever else he may see does not compare.

Then again, like the dogs we are often mistaken with, it could be just a line we use as well...

I think maybe you may need some help in dealing with your insecurities. Know the saying be careful what you wish for? There's truth in that. The insecurity issue at this time seems to be your concern, What has the man done that you won't allow yourself to believe him. Also, it does not help matters to generalise about behaviours. We are all quite different.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Jemma | 2004/12/14

YES YES YES. Don't go look for something that is'nt there!!!

Believe that he only has eyes for you and feel honoured and count your bessings.

Reply to Jemma