Question
Posted by: SWEETY | 2004/01/13

IS IT POSSIBLE

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ANY GYNAE TO TELL ME EXACTLY HOW MANY MONTHS OR WEEKS I VE BEEN PREGNANT BECAUSE I M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW LONG IS MY PREGNANCY BUT I CANT GET THE EXACT DATE FOR MY LAST PERIOD . WHEN I WAS IN A CLINIC THEY WERE ASKING ME WHEN I LAST GO TO PERIODS AND I SAY WHAT I REMEMBER IT WAS IN JUNE BUT THE DATE OF CONCEIVING I DONT KNOW AS FROM THAT DAY. PLEASE HELP ME

Without the exact date of your period, an accurate due date cannot be given. It is also too late for a scan to be accurate. The best guess would be some time in February if your dates are correct.

2
Posted by: www | 2004/01/13

Normally this is determined early in the pregnancy, either by your last period date, or by an early scan/ultrasound. The later the ultrasound is done, the bigger the baby, and the bigger the difference between babies. Only in the earlier ones, can they tell with very good accuracy how far you are, then they work out what your due date would be.

However if you go for an ultrasound now, then they would still be able to give you an indication, but as purple said, somewhere between 32 and 35 weeks is probably the closes you'll get because of the variance in babies' sizes - so it's pretty much the same as trying to work out from your last period.

Reply to www
Posted by: Purple | 2004/01/13

They should be able to approximate it by the size of your baby on the scan. I don't know how accurate this is as they usually use a combination of the date of your last period and the size of the baby on the scan.

If you last period was in June, then you should be somewhere around 32 to 35 weeks now. (If I'm counting correctly). This would put you in the third trimester.

Just ask your gynae at your next appointment, you should be going about every 2 weeks now.

Reply to Purple