Question
Posted by: Nono | 2005/07/29

Is it Phantom pregnancy??

My last period was on 24/06, the next one was supposed to be on 22/07, I have a 28 day cycle, regular and very predictable.
I haven't got my period since then, we are ttc ofcourse. I tested 3 times on Wed and they all came negative, the last one was a blood test from a GP. He also did some scanning and we couldn't see nothing

The thing is I feel preggie, nausea, increased appetite, fatigue, and also that my boobs feel really tender, actually they normally get sore every 2 weeks before my period, but this time they didn't

Please, somebody help me, somebody tell me that I'm not crazy. I do want a baby, but not to such an extent that my mind can start playing tricks on my body.

By the way I'm 27 yrs old

It could be a cyst or a hormone imbalance. Anxiety can often interefere with your hormones.

2
Posted by: minime | 2005/07/29

phantom pregnancy is a form of mental illness.
i dont think that you have one since you a fully aware that you are not pregnant and even though you really want a baby you did not grow an unhealthy obsession with being pregnant.
for as long as you are still in touch with reality you are not at risk of a phantom pregnancy even though it feels like your body is plays tricks with your mind.

Reply to minime
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/29

Are they not maybe indications of your period coming on?

Reply to Moi