Question

IS IT OK TO USE AUTRIN PILLS (FOR ANAEMIA)WHILST PREGNANT

Hi Doc,
Before I knew I was pregnant I was taking Autrin Pills as a treatment for anaemia,but now I'm scared to use it. I am having the headaches back now because the doctor told me that the blood is not circulating in my body.

Is not dangerous to use these Autrin Pills whilst pregnant.

Regards,
Anon

These are fine in pregnancy.

3
Posted by: mpho | 2014/02/12

am also taking dat for low blood n m pregnant

Reply to mpho
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/16

Ii think you should ask your doctor for some clarity on this.
If your blood wasn't circulating, you would be dead, as the blood carries oxygen in the red blood cells (heamoglobin) and this is how your organs get oxygen to enable them to do their job and keep you alive.

Anemia is a lack of iron, the Autrin are iron tablets. Your gynae should advise whether you should continue on the Autrin or if the iron in a pregnancy vitamin like chela preg is sufficient. If you are anemic while pregnant, you can bleed excessively at the birth.

Reply to Purple

Hi Doc,

Is it ok to use Autrin Pills whilst pregnant.

Regards,
Anon