Question
Posted by: Kat | 2007/04/30

Is it OK to throw something?

If I am very angry, I throw something. Like a hairbrush, a book, a glass. Of course only when I'm alone, and I'll never hurt someone. I find that after I throw something, my anger lifts and I'm calm. It doesn't happen very often. And always just one item, it's not as if I break the house apart. Is this OK? I just fear I might be like Gabrielle in Desperate Housewives- she broke all the crystal and china in her husband's house. I know it's not the most mature way of dealing with anger, but it does help, and as I said it happens rarely in one year. Should I get old plates and break them once in a while? Otherwise I might break an antique vase next time.

It probably depends on what you'd throw, and at who. I doubt that you're a Gabrielle ! Some, perhaps many, people find some comfort in releasing their anger in some such physical activity --- to save their china, some would job, or use exercise equipement, go to gymm, puncha punch-bag or a large pillow. And, as Jane Doe points out, one can also scream into a pillow --- they're quite versatile.

2
Posted by: John | 2007/05/02

In my experience, the best thing throw is a ........PARTY!!! Makes one feel feel extremely good, that.

Reply to John
Posted by: jane doe | 2007/04/30

If you worried about a harbrush breaking something...try putting a pillow into yor face and screaming as loudlyas possibly whilst smothering yourself..I find it slf soothing ;-) Plus it is cheaper! Pent up anger where there is no room forrelease as got to emit somewhere, all you are doing is getting rid of frustrations, rather throwing something than taking it out on somebody!

Reply to jane doe