Question
Posted by: Me | 2004/10/26

is it ok to feel scared like this ????7 weeks preggy<br>

hi there

today marks the spot where i am 7 weeks pregnant i am so overjoyed at me being pregnant as hubby and i have been trying for a long time to concieve any way with the excitment i have been so scared that i am going to miscarry and if i do i dont know how i will handle it already i have fallen for this little tiny he or she in my tummy!!!!!! i am so scared when i go to the loo i am constantly looking out for warning signs! the other day i went for a walk and after that i had a creamy discarge and i was so scared that something was going to happen then it happend again the next day but as far as i know i have not miscarried but all i wanna know is this discarge ok and are my scared feelings ok aswell

thank you so much

It is normal to have increased discharge in pregnancy. Your anxiety is normal, but you should be reasssured by your visits to the doctor.

5
Posted by: Maureen | 2004/10/27

Hi Me,

You are totally normal. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks but fell pregnant immediately thereafter. I am now 24 weeks and all is going well, but you do tend to worry alot and I also used to run to the toilet constantly to see what is happening. Trust me, you are just going to get yourself into a state and end up not enjoying you pregnancy. Try to enjoy each moment that you do have, whatever happens there is nothing you can do. Focus on the possitive - you are pregnant and you are healthy. Good luck, I know it is easier said than done, I still worry some time, but am trying to enjoy more now.

Reply to Maureen
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/27

Your feelings are definitely normal.

Discharge does incrase through pregnancy, its quite normal. Your pregnancy and healthy pregnancy are two excellent magazines published in SA.

What to expect when you're expecting is an excellent book as well, though its got quite an American focus.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/27

The feeling is mutual. I miscarried at 9 weeks and are now 23 weeks pregnant and are still worried. Just try to eat healthy, don't pick up heavy stuff, try not to smoke or drink and relax as much as you can.

If they see a heartbeat then your chances are slimming a little bit more and then when you reach 13 weeks you can relax a little bit more and then when you reach 16 weeks and all is still well you can relax a little bit more and so on and so on. I think all mothers to be stress throughout the pregnancy.

You are not alone and if you don't feel 100% CALL YOUR DOCTOR A S A P.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Kate | 2004/10/26

Well done for cutting down your smoking. To minimise your risk of miscarriage, stoping smoking is a great start!!!

The way you feel is normal and you will feel this way throughout your pregnancy. You never stop worrying although after 12 weeks you can relax a little. I am 16 weeks and still check for blood when I go to the loo.

Take care and just love this wonderful journey and keep up the good work in looking after your baby!!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: me | 2004/10/26

i am also a smoker but as soon as i found out i cut down from 20 craven a menthols to 5 a day i then went on to vouge slims to 5 a day by friday i am hoping to smoke nothing at all

Reply to me