Question
Posted by: Nana | 2007/04/02

IS IT NORMAL?

I gave birth on 1 December and by 11 January I was already mesntruating. Between January and March I have menstruated 5 times already for a peariod of 4 to 5 days each. I am breastfeeding. Friends and family say usually one should stay for at least 6 months before they could start with their periods. Is there something wrong with me? I'm 27 years of age

There is nothing wrong with you. Not all women don't menstruate while breastfeeding. However, if your periods are irregular, you should go for a check-up.

1
Posted by: Lou | 2007/04/02

everybody is different, and it depends on your body. Did you go or your 6 week check up with your gynae? If so, did he give you the all clear? You should rather go back to your gynae and make sure all is well with your womb etc - sometimes an infection can cause abnormal bleeding. If all is well and your gynae says their is no infection, ask if he can put you on the mini-pill whilst breastfeeding, so that you can get your hormones settled.

Reply to Lou