Question
Posted by: Rohi | 2005/07/06

Is it my Imagination???

Hi Ladies,
This might sound wierd, but I promise you, I don't know what to believe myself. I'm currently in my 14th week, and yesterday i felt some quick fluttering movement around my navel area. at first i thought i imagined it, but again this late last night i felt the movement again! This morning as i was about to get out of bed i felt this quick successive vibration around the same area on my belly. I quickly called my hubby but by then it stopped!

Question is, I'm i already feeling my baby moving? I know they said you'll only feel baby move as from 16 weeks if its your first pregnancy, but i swear this feels wierd. I'm not wafer-thin, but I'm not fat at all, and i'ver also been losing weight since i got preggies.

When i had my last scan at 9 weeks, baby mesured 17mm which gynea said is over average. So, does this mean that baby is growing faster than i think???

Anyone, help?
Rohi..

W

Everyone is different, so it is possible that you are feeling movements earlier than most, though these could just be bowel movements that you are aware of.

3
Posted by: Nix | 2005/07/06

Your uterus is way below your belly button at the moment so I dont think it was, but not certain. Your uterus reaches your belly button at 20wks and should be a good 3-4 fingers below at this stage. Bear in mind that your baby is only 1,7cm, which is tiny. As far as I know, you only feel movement when they get a big bigger and move up a bit more.

Nix
x

Reply to Nix
Posted by: CC1 | 2005/07/06

Hi Rohi,

The first few movements do feel like fluttering so it is quite possible. The movements will eventually become harder so you will be able to feel exactly how your baby is moving, stretching, hiccups etc. It is so exciting. I know people say that you can only feel your baby from +/- 16 weeks but remember each pregnancy is different, I also felt my little one quite early - enjoy it!! It is really a comfort to feel the baby move as it puts your mind at ease that everything is okay.

Reply to CC1
Posted by: In doubt | 2005/07/06

At 14 weeks your uterus is still very low by your pubic bone so i doubt that you felt baby move by your naval. your uterus only reaches the belly botton by 22 weeks.

Reply to In doubt