Question
Posted by: Hazael | 2007/04/04

Is it my heart, my brain or tiredness?

For a few days now I have been experiencing a problem with my heart. It starts racing (at no specific time), and takes a while to go back to its regular speed. I left it, because I didn't see it as a problem until today... I was sitting at my desk in my office at work and as I lifted my head from my keyboard to my screen I suddenly felt limp - for only a split second! My body just gave in, and then I regained control of it. It was wierd and frightening! My father had a similar thing - except a whole half of his body was paralysed (I think only for a few minutes though) and when he went to the doctor they found he had a heart condition and now lives on aspirin and some kind of other drug.
I have been having increasing headaches, loss of appetite, inability to sleep, tiredness, anxiety, and other symptoms.

PLEASE HELP! I'm terrified!

Dear Hazael
Make an appointment with your GP - he needs to do a basic examination and an ECG and refer you to a cardiologist if needed. It sounds as if you have a heart arrythmia and you may need treatment to keep this in check. The danger is when you lose consciousness when driving or while you are in the bath or walking down a flight of stairs. Rather be proactive.

1
Posted by: Not an expert | 2007/04/04

Go for a blood test Might be low blood or Depression

Reply to Not an expert