Question
Posted by: Will | 2004/10/12

is it my baby?

My girlfriend is 1 day late with her period. We are actually out and the last time I had sex with her was exactly 1 month ago and I happen to know that this was on her last day or first day of “cycle”. I am not sure what she has been up to in last month though. ….I read that a woman is contraceptive from day 10-14 of her cycle. If she had her period last month and I slept with her when she had her period , is it possible that she could fall pregnant even though her fertile time is only 14 days on from when I last had sex with her.

I wish it was that simple, then all babies could have been planned to the exact second, but alas, no the female body is much more complicated than that.

The simple answer to your question is that the egg bursts from the ovary (ovulation) approximately two weeks before the beginning of your next menstrual period. A common misunderstanding is that the egg bursts from the ovary at midcycle, halfway between menstrual periods. This is only true when the cycle is twenty-eight days long (something that cannot be known for certain until that particular cycle is over and menstruation begins).

A woman can become pregnant from unprotected intercourse up to five days before ovulation. Sperm can survive in a woman's body for three to five days, waiting to fertilize that egg during ovulation. Therefore, guessing how long your period usually is and counting backward fourteen days is not an effective method of birth control.

Sounds also like a trust issue here, or are you just panicking. Why not have a pregnancv test done and that way you will know whether she is pregnant or not.

4
Posted by: Me2 | 2004/10/12

I fell pregnant 1 day after the last of my periods. It funny that you only start doubting your woman when there is a chance that she might be pregnant. Coward

Reply to Me2
Posted by: SSCR | 2004/10/12

There are many things that can delay a period, undue stress etc. You didnt say how old you or your girlfriend is, but if she's writing exams, she could be stressed out about that, and also worring about a period being late also doesnt help.

If you are that concerned, do a preganancy test, and if that it positive and you are unsure about the paternity, speak to her and based on her reaction, ask for tests just to be sure. But that's jumping the gun a little.

Best of luck

Reply to SSCR
Posted by: Me | 2004/10/12

No, if you know a women’s body you should know that she can only fall pregnant if the egg is ready and during those day (5 days before and after her periods) there is now way she can fall pregnant! Do you think she is that kind of person that will lie about something like this????

Reply to Me
Posted by: Foxy | 2004/10/12

Anything is possible. If she is 1 day late with her period I wouldn't start panicking yet!

If you don't trust this girl maybe you should move onto another relationship?

Reply to Foxy