Question
Posted by: Charls | 2007/03/29

Is it hormones or my ovaries?

Since the birth of my baby almost 2 years ago, my periods have been very irregular and are getting heavier. I now have my period for about 2 weeks and in that time I have to wear tampons and pads at the same time. I feel very lethargic during my periods (could this be due to a lack of iron?). When I have intercourse its extremely painful especially around the area where my ovaries are. Could this be from my periods or could it be a cyst on my ovaries? I also tend to start bleeding after sex. Sometimes heavily, sometimes lightly. Please help as I am so tired of this.

There are a number of possible reasons for your symptoms, including ovarian cysts, hormonal problems, endometriosis, problems with the uterus. The lethargy could be due to the blood loss. You will need to see a doctor to make a diagnosis.

Bedst wishes