Question
Posted by: ALL GOLD | 2006/11/05

Is it good for me

Hi, out of the blue i'm having this cravings for tamatoe - sauce i never loved it but NOW I EAT IT ALMOST EVERY DAY. what could be the reson for this, could it be because i exclude so much food from my diet and will be mad about anything new i try. Is Tamatoe - sauce healthy, I also love things like girkens (sour ones) beetroot in the bottle and curry beans is this healthy ?

Dear All Gold
Tomato sauce is extremely healthy! It contains plenty of a nutrient called lycopene which protects us against a variety of degenerative diseases including cancer. You may have developed a liking for sour foods due to some hormonal changes (are you taking any hormones and/or medications?), or just happen to like these foods. There is no harm in eating gherkins, beetroot is also extremely healthy as it contains another phytonutrient that protects against cancer and cooked or canned beans are rich in plant protein, minerals, and dietary fibre.
Enjoy