Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2007/12/06

IS it depression

Every so often i dont feel like getting myself to work in the morning. I then 'force' my body to get sick go to the doc and get time off. I dont take the pills because there is nothing really wrong. I also have feelings of 'not wanting to do this anymore' and get irratable at anything. My hair started falling out, my face hurts and i become quiet and not want to do anything just lie at home. I am normally a fun loving and extroverted person. I have lots of stress at work for the past few weeks. I have been given Cilift by my doc, but is this really necessary? Am I really depressed

Many of us fairly often don't feel like geting up and going to work, but we get up and go to work, anyway. Pretending to be sick, or "forcing" one's body to squeeze out some symptoms, to get a fake medical certificate is fraud, and improper conduct. If you have chronic problems with work in general or this job in particular, maybe you should see a good local counsellor for a few sessions to wortk out what this is really about, and how to sort it out. You're not describing a real depression, and then neither cilift nor any other antidepressant would be helpful to you.

4
Posted by: Sunshine | 2007/12/12

I have not had a full medical with my Dr. My 'condition' isnt specific to this job only. Its all the jobs I have had since my son was born. I just want to not 'not face life' every so often and crawl into my hole. I dont know what the root is as I have yet to meet with my Psych. I also dont get a fake sick certificate, its legitimate. As the symptoms are real. And in the meantime I am taking my meds and I wait for things to get better...

Reply to Sunshine
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/07

Sunshine, have you had a full medical check up with your Dr. You must ask him/her to test your thyroid function. If you feel tired and your hair is falling out, a lot of the symptoms could be due to underactive thyroid, in fact it mimics depression. The two go together so to speak. You feel depressed because you are so tired, you just feel like you can't cope. So make sure its not a medical condition, if you have had emotional problems or extreme stress/trauma recently, could also be related and of course depression.

Take care.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/06

I like your nic. Well, if it is depression then it is very important to take the meds. You dont want your depression to get worse, believe me. Ask your GP to refer you to a psychiatrist.
Take care.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Sue | 2007/12/06

Well you need to find the root of what is making you feel like this and to be unhappy ie is it work, is it a relationship that u not happy in?? and once you pinpoint that change it move on, find a new job or sort the relationship out!! Or if you like your job but its just stressful, you need to find ways to relieve your stress.... breathing and meditation is know to work or cognative therapy!

Reply to Sue