Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2006/11/05

Is it bipolar?

I have awful moodswings but they don't seem manic. One minute I seem happy and the world is a good place to be and I can cope and the next minute I am angry, aggessive and everyone is irritating me. I am 46 years old - could this be menopause??? It has been going on for about 5 years but is getting worse - not a day goes by without these mood swings and I am getting extrememly depressed about them as they ruin my day - I cannot plan anything anymore because of these mood swings!!! Please help.

menopause can surely do something very like what you describe. And the mood swings of Boipolar disorder ten to rise higher than you're decribing, and usually the swings are over the course of weeks, or at least days, rather than within the course of a day. Your best bet would be to see a good local GP for a proper broad assessment, and advice based on the results of that

1
Posted by: casey | 2006/11/05

I think you should make an appointment with a doctor and tell him/her about this. They will quickly tell you whether it is menopause or bipolar mood disorder.

Reply to casey