Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2007/03/20

is it bed bugs?

hi doc
i dont know who to ask. we were away for the weekend and i think somthing came home with us.since we came back i think there is some kind of bed bug that keeps on biting me and my girlfriend.we cant see nothing even with a magnifying glass on the mattress.but when we sleep at nite we start to itch and the following day we have bite marks that looks like mosquito bites.we know its not mosquito bites coz we have alot of them and we use doom mats for the mosquitos.i have nine bite marks.we wash the bedding every week and we are very hygenic people.but it doesnt help.i think its some kind of microscopic bug.can you please give your opinion and what we can do?vacuum doesnt help nor does doom.
the bite marks are very itchy and looks like mosquito bites but a little bigger.i got one on my eye aswell.we start to itch in bed but cant see nothing.please help. :-(

Dear Anonymous
Put everything loose like pillows etc that you cant wash in the freezer for 24 hours if possible. It seems that getting a professional exterminator may be the best route to take as it will be difficult for you to reach all the cracks that they can be hiding. Putting double sided stickytape on the side of your bed may catch some and confirm your diagnosis. Hope you get rid of them!
http://www.pestproducts.com/bedbug.htm