Question
Posted by: bM87 | 2007/11/26

Is it advisable to take the pill...

I would like to know if it is advisable to take birth control to stop my menstrual cycle. If so, can i get it over the counter or do I need a prescription, and what would be the best one to take. and also can you give me some prices on them.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Oral contraceptives will work if you are allready taking them, otherwise your GP can prescribe a tablet to delay menstruation

1
Posted by: Help | 2007/11/28

Hi bM87,

It all depends on why you want to stop your cycle, but that aside, you would still need a prescription for it, unless you go to a clinic where they give it for free or at a consultation fee of R30 for 3 months supply but that wont stop your cycle unless you take them all the time without taking the placebo ones, and that is not healthy at all. Then you should rather go on to the injection.

Reply to Help