Question
Posted by: Need Help | 2008/07/17

Is it a self-esteem issue

I have this constant fear that my bf wants to reject me. I scrutinize everything he says or does and everytime I reach the same conclusion - he wants to leave me. Everytime we talk I cannot end the conversation without asking him if he wants to leave. Last night I was driving to go and meet him and I got a panic attack and almost turned back coz I was so scared that he probably does not want to see me. I constantly feel like I am imposing myself on him. Everytime I bring it up (which is everyday) he reassures me but I think he is getting fed up and might really leave because of it. I have thought many times to leave him to save him the trouble. I know it’ s stupid and I have an idea of how annoying it should be to him but I can’ t help it –  I get really scared.

Gosh, there seem to be a lot of self-esteem issues around today ! As you must recognize, by becoming so certaoin he will want to leave you, you could make this come true, even if he began with absolutely no such idea. You are describing a really severe proble with low self-esteem. Fortunately, this can indeed be helped if you arrange to see a ood therapist, preferably a CBT therapist, as soon as practical, so as to get to work on changing this bad set of habits

2
Posted by: Janine | 2008/07/18

Hi, I dont do it quite as often but I have my moments where I always think my bf is lying about wanting to be with me but one thing that he did tell me and that you should also remeber is that your bf is an adult and if he doesnt want to be with you then he will say so. Until then trust in the fact that he loves you and is with you because he wants to be!!

Reply to Janine
Posted by: p | 2008/07/17

You are living a self-fulfilled prophecy. If you dont stop, he is going to leave you!!

Reply to p