Posted by: concerned b/f | 2008/09/10

Is it a norm?

My g/f and I have an adorable 20 months old baby boy, our sex life has been great since the birth of our angel but what really bothers us is the fact that she has not had her periods ever since the baby was born. I am extremely concerned about this, the last time she had her periods was just before she fell pregnant and it has been a while now. She is on the " pill" , could this perhaps have some sort of effect on her current condition, we keep getting contradicting advice from people close to us but frankly we have not yet sought professional advice. Is it time now we start taking it seriously and seek professional advice? Kindly advice - concerned boyfriend.

I would recommend that you post this same message on the gynaecologist expert forum - go to Health 24 home page and look up Dr C in the Expert section. I'm sure she would be better placed to answer this than I am.

Posted by: L | 2008/09/10

Yes it is normal not to see your periods after giving birth. It took me the whole year to see my periods after i had a baby. But to be sure that there is nothing serious, tell your g/friend to see a doctor just to be on the safe side.

Reply to L