Question
Posted by: Jane | 2005/12/12

Is it a myth?

I just wanted to know if it is true that water kills sperm. Please could someone tell me!!!

No it's not true, because douching after sex is not an effective method to prevent pregnancy

5
Posted by: Kate | 2005/12/13

If he came next to you in the water then the chlorine would kill it or they would eventually do what FIO said "literally explode with excessive water content" ,but none of this applies if he came inside you in the water.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Jane | 2005/12/13

I am not worried. I just heard that water killes sperm and I wondering about it. My question was more in the sence of having sex in say the pool and then he came in the water. Would the sperm die and could one get pregnant?

Reply to Jane
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/12

Would woud kill sperm with time, becasue the water would diffuse into the cells and the sperms would literally explode with excessive water content. In addition, the nutrients and chemicals within the sperms would diffuse out into the water, and so kill the sperm. But its a much slower process than using a spermicide to kill sperms.

Washing yourself inside afetr sex wont kill the sperms, but would just help by washing them out the vagina, if thats what you are wanting to know.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Jay | 2005/12/12

Water isn't a spermicide, but bathing after a guy if he's masturbated there probably won't get you pregnant.

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Kate | 2005/12/12

Im sure if he came in water sperm would eventually drown, but washing yourself after sex aint gonna kill the little swimmers

Reply to Kate