Question
Posted by: Noodle | 2007/12/14

Is is just that time of year ??

Hey CS,

Lets start off by saying MERRY CHRISTMAS !! and may the new year be a blast !!

Is it really okay to say it's just that time of year, the nerves are shot, very little patience with all around you... That's not really what it should be like is it... I have lost the plot this week, I have no more patience, I don't feel like being polite I don't want to be friendly with users, it justs seems that being in IT all the people run to you for help but when it comes to the nice things, like recognition you seem to be totally forgotten ??? why the hell is that ?? the minute they need you to solve a problem you are great, when you can't help or they don't like what you have done, they bad mouth you ?? what is up with that. I'm sick and tired of that bull.

Can it just be that it's been a long year we are all stressed out need a break or what ?? or am I just coming to a realisation that people are only nice when it suits them. And on top of all of that being in IT you always just have to be friendly to them else you are the one that has an attitude problem........... UGH I don't know.

Anyhow CS, I'm sure that this will pass as it always does. Enjoy your Silly Season and may we all see each other in the new year !!

Noodle

I think Loss of Plot is rather widespread around this time of year. I understand it can get frustrating in IT, as indeed it does in any other service and backup function, including health-care ! When things go wrong, people want an immediate response which solves everything --- don't we all want that when we're the one with the problem, rather than the one supposed to have the solution ? SO I know how it feels, to be at either side of those equations.
I hope you ( and all other good Readers, rest and refresh over the holidays --- it may not be the best of ideas to have such an extreme blast throughout the break ( as some do ) that one needs to return to work for a good rest to recover from the "rest" period ! And as it's the Silly Season, lets expect Silly, and the occasional unsilly events will be a refreshing surprise !