Question
Posted by: just me | 2007/04/12

Is he cheating

Hi all.

I've met this really fanstatic guy after being single for 2+ yrs. The problem is that he has a live-in girlfriend who is also the mother of his 6yr old daughter. I have feelings for this guy but not really sexually attacted to him. We spend a lot of time together, go out, hang with friends and even go shoping. He is always there when I need him or when I want to talk. I think about him all the time and just wanna be with him. I am emotionally attached to him and I know he cares.
Are we cheating on his girlfriend? The relationship is not sexual.

Of course you are cheating on his gf. And on the child. If you feel the need to ask the question ( and its good that you did ) shows that it is cheating. Another test ? If you were her, wouldn't you consider it to be cheating ?
And the way he is behaving proves that he is extremely likely to feel happy to cheat on you, too, whenever the chance arises. Surely you're not so desperate as not to want someone more sincere and trustworthy ?

7
Posted by: rose | 2007/04/12

a relationship doesnt have to be sexual before it's called cheating, dear.

if you can reaaally (ie you cant, really) choose between the 2 (and both ARE cheating) i would be more upset about an emotional bond than ONLY sex(which is already so abd i cant even comprehend the impact). but like i said, this is not an option. just trying to explain to you the HUGE IMPACT of an emotional relationship.

like everyone said. put yourself in her shoes and THINK OF THE CHILD!

Reply to rose
Posted by: Minki | 2007/04/12

Of course it's cheating - how long before you do end up in the sack. Put yourself in the poor woman's shoes - how would you like it if the roles were reversed and you were sitting at home with a six-year old whilst your man is out "shopping" with some woman. I don't think you would enjoy that very much - think of her and their child - stop being so selfish - find yourself unattached male friends. Why not make friends with his girlfriend - THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD - and rather go shopping with her. They might not be married, but he is spoken for and having a child together, he has a responsibility toward her and the child. You are looking for trouble - is his gf aware of what is going on? Or is he lying to her about his whereabouts when he is with you? You are probably boosting his ego too by behaving like this love-sick puppy who is only too happy to be there when he wants a distraction - wake up woman - remember he will do to you what he is doing to his gf - you are probably just another "pretty face" and possible sleeping partner in his eyes! Get a life and find your own man - this girl did nothing to you to deserve this. He was probably quite happy with her until you came along! You are going to be the loser in the end - there is a tie that binds them - their child - and don't forget it - that child will ALWAYS be a part of his life -no matter how many "shopping trips" he makes with you or anyone else! I hope you feel really guilty after reading all these posts - AS YOU SHOULD!!

Reply to Minki
Posted by: Poppy | 2007/04/12

Lose the cheatin' man! He doesn't deserve u. Viva single girls viva!

Reply to Poppy
Posted by: N. | 2007/04/12

a straight foward answer, YES THAT IS CHEATING.

Guess what he tells his 'live-in' girlfriend when he's spending time with u, he tells her he has something to do at work, or he is out drinking with his friends or whatever, but he lies about it to her.........

if u were a 'live-in' girlfriend and u find out something like this about ur boyfriend how would u react and how would u feel?

and sex is not there at the moment but the way u carrying on u will eventually have sex.......

Reply to N.
Posted by: NICKEE | 2007/04/12

The fact that it is beginning to bother you hence why seeking advice from the forum, it is CHEATING.

Reply to NICKEE
Posted by: what ever | 2007/04/12

To be honest, my opinion, it is cheating... i will go ballistic if i had to find that out, and asspecially when i have a child with this man... do yourself a favour and get yourself someone that is available. Girl, dont, how would u feel if it had to happen to you??!! Think about it.

Reply to what ever
Posted by: Joy | 2007/04/12

Well just put yourself in her shoes lovey..would you then think that he's cheating if he's unavailable or out shopping with a lady friend everytime you need him? Come on now?!

Reply to Joy