Question
Posted by: Bronz | 2008/01/24

Is eating this twice a day okay?

I am a 28 year old who goes to gym on a regular basic and eats healthily (especially at dinner time). I would like to know if I eat Pronutro in the morning for breakfast and at lunch time is this enough nutrition for me? Is too much Pronutro fattening – as I really don’t want to gain weight while eating it. I seem to have a huge problem with lunch meals as I never know what I want and change my mind due to the convenience of ready made food – I thought that the above would be the best option for me. Thanks a million for you assistance. Bronwyn

Dear Bronwyn
Pronutro is an excellent product and it should not cause weight gain if you are doing plenty of exercise. However it is not a good idea to eat the same foods over and over again. The most important Food-Based Dietary Guideline for South Africans is 'Eat a Variety of Foods'. This is to ensure that you do not develop deficiencies of any one nutrient because you are eating a monotonous diet. With a bit of planning you can purchase nutritious non-fattening ready-to-eat foods such as fruit, fresh salads, thinly sliced cold meats, tuna fish, fat-free yoghurt or cottage cheese and health breads that you can eat for lunch. Give it a try.