Question
Posted by: Dodo | 2005/11/18

Is Douch harmful?

Hi there G-doc!

Is douch harmful to use?

It is not recommended unless you have an infection, as it can interfere with the protective bacteria in the vagina.

2
Posted by: Bb | 2005/11/19

Lolita,
Douche ~ A stream of water, often containing medicinal or cleansing agents, that is applied to a body part or cavity for hygienic or therapeutic purposes, in this case the vagina.

Dodo,
The vagina was designed to self clean and thats why women experience discharge during the month. It is perfectly balanced so that it can combat any minor nasties without you even knowing. When you mess with it, ie douching, you upset this delicate balance thereby making you suseptable to infections. Unless you have a problem I would not recommend douching or "cleaning" in any way, its not necessary whatsoever and can only cause you problems.

Reply to Bb
Posted by: Lolita | 2005/11/18

Don't mean to sound stupid, but I read a few times on this forum about Douch. What is this?

Reply to Lolita