Question
Posted by: Susan | 2004/10/11

Is dit verkeerd om te fantaseer

Hello CyberShrink,

Ek wil net weet of daar iets fout is met my, ek sit dikwels en dagdroom oor sommer net alles. Dan bly dit gewoonlik nie net by dagdroom nie, maar raak 'n fantasie. Niks seksueel nie, net goeie mooi dinge van saam met iemand wees wat omgee.

Kan dit wees dat ek iets mis in my verhouding?

Groete
Susan

(Verskoon die afrikaans, maar my engels is nie so goed nie. Ek verstaan en lees wel engels.)

Verskoon die engels, Susan ! I sspect that most of us use fantasy, to varying amounts and on varying topics, to get through the day. So long as we can tell the difference between daydreams and reality, and so long as it brings comfort and doesn't interfere with our abilities to do what needs to get done in the real world, it's harmless and probably useful. Tori summarises it well.

8
Posted by: Tori | 2004/10/11

Enige tyd Susan...Enige tyd
Hoop dit het gehelp

Reply to Tori
Posted by: Susan | 2004/10/11

Baie dankie aan almal vir jul positiewe bydraes.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: Tori | 2004/10/11

Love: Thoughts of falling in love or being in love is a common daydream subject. It suggests that finding love is one of your immediate goals. Consider your actions in your daydream when you find love. If you are seeking love to make others jealous, then it suggests that you are also looking for a status symbol. You maybe craving attention.

Reply to Tori
Posted by: Tori | 2004/10/11

Positive daydreaming is healthy. It serves as a temporary escape from the demands of reality. It is also a good way to release pent up frustrations without physically acting them out. All to often you worry about your job, your family, finances, a relationship, etc. It is a way to leave the world behind and ponder about what could've been or should've been. It relieves stress, improves attitude, fosters creativity and refresh the mind, body, and spirit.

Reply to Tori
Posted by: JJ | 2004/10/11

Hi Susan,

Ek dink nie dit is verkeerd om te fantaseer nie, solank mens die verskil tussen werklikheid en fantiseer kan sien. Ek dink elke mens het binne in n soek en verlange na "unconditional love", so mens sal dink en fantiseer oor iemand wat dit vir jou kan gee.
Verder hou lekker en positieve gedagtes stress weg en hou mens ook gesond.

Sterkte en groete
JJ

Reply to JJ
Posted by: Lonestar | 2004/10/11

I don't think it is wrong, probably depend what your aim is and if this daydreaming about "someone" will harm your relationship in future. Maybe you are unhappy about certain things in your relationship and yearn for love and affection...maybe just discuss it with your partner.

Frankly I daydream about winning the lotto quite often. Although it has never ever materialised. Not even 3 correct numbers.

LS

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/11

Ag asseblief Tori, kom se vir die vroumens wat beteken haar drooms??? Asseblief???

Dankie Tori, ek weet ons kan op jou staat maak,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Nasus | 2004/10/11

I also do that - and I thought at my age I am being childish.

Reply to Nasus