Question
Posted by: LJ | 2005/06/24

Is cycling safe when I'm 13 weeks pregnant (2nd pregnancy)?

I'm nearing the end of my 13th week of pregnancy and since I'm over the first trimester want to know if it's safe to start with stationary cycling? I haven't cycled since February this year and haven't done any other exercise since then either. If it's safe, how long and how many times a week do you recommend - alternatively what other types of exercise to keep the weight gain in a normal range?

That should be fine,as long as you don't push your pulse rate up too high.

1
Posted by: Not Giving Up | 2005/06/24

Hi LJ

Cycling is safe. But the chance of falling in the third trimester is greater and risk of the baby being born or getting hurt is also great.

I cycle at the gym. This cycling is safe, just adjust your handelbar and seat to compensate for your tummy.

I cycle every day for 15 minutes on a cardio work out and 4 times a week 15 minutes fat burn workout. This rotating between cardio and fatburn.

I also keep my heart rate below 140bpm. This is the rate my Bio gave me. I am 18 weeks pregnant.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Reply to Not Giving Up