Question
Posted by: dez | 2005/05/25

is bleeding ok?

Hi there,
I recently went for a pap smear and my results were A-OK. My concern is that for the last 3 months whenever my boyfriend and I engage in sex, I bleed. We're not really sure what's going on because sex isn't painful at all. I would really appreciate any advise.

You could have a polyp or other benign problem with the cervix. You could also have a cervical erosion, which is common when on the Pill. This is tissue from the inside of the cervix which moves to the outside. It is more friable so can bleed on contact. Your doctor would be able to check for these.