Question
Posted by: Annette | 2004/10/15

Irritibility out of control

Dear Doc, I am 49 and I do not know if this is related to age but I have become the most irritated person on the face of the earth. Everything but everything and everyone irritates me so that I will fly of the handle with family my boss and everyone. I do not like myself anymore. I have no control over it and it is consuming me. If something falls from my hand, the traffic and basically everything possible is driving me around the bend. This is not normal and I need help. I will have to get help and I can only get an appointment with my gynae on the 18th November for my annual check-up. Please I had a fight with my husband and my boss in the last two days. It cannot continue like this.
What can I do?

Sounds like peri-menopausal symptoms. See if you can see another gynae sooner.