Posted by: Shyguy | 2003/03/24

Irritation and inflammed private parts.

Hi Doc,
My wife and I appear to be harbouring some or other "gogga" that is causing severe inflammation and discomfort, especially during intercourse. Her GP prescribed Flangyl (5 tablets each, for the both of us, to be taken all at one time) but we still have the problem. In fact, it appears to be getting worse. What now ? Any idea what it could be ?
Please help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Shyguy, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you, but it sounds that taking 5 Flagyl® tablets is not going to be enough. National health guidelines advice 400mg Flagyl® twice a day plus 100mg doxycycline twice a day for a week. Maybe the best would be to get a second opinion from a different doctor. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Shyguy | 2003/03/24

Thank you for your response, BTDT.
No can do, I'm afraid - me & the mrs . . . well, we've been together for 28years and are not promiscuous at all. The irritation is restricted to, in my case the glans covered by foreskin only and the mrs only experiences internal discomfort. We both shower twice daily and the only "crabs" we have seen lately, were those frolicking around quite happily in the sand on Blouberg Beach.
Seriously though, we appreciate your support.
Thanx again.

Reply to Shyguy
Posted by: BEEN THERE, DONE THAT | 2003/03/24

Dear Shyguy
It sounds if you have contracted "CRABS". They are very flat and can hardly be seen with the eye but they stick to your skin and are quite hardy creatures that become very active during intercourse. Look very carfully under your pubic hair and you will detect them. If you locate them then you can easily treat it by using a shampo called ASCABIOL and a fine comb that comes with the shampoo.

Good Luck


Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.