Posted by: Shane | 2002/12/19

Irritating Jock Itch

I have had a very irritating case of jock itch for the last few months. I went to a dermatologist and he gave me a cream called PERSIV which seemed to clear it up for a while. However it came back again with avengence. I am reluctant to go back to the doctor because, to put it bluntly, its very embarassing to get undressed and show my red itchy penis to a stranger (*blush*). I went to the pharmacy and got an anti-fungal cream (I can't remember the name) which is for the treatment of athlete's foot and other similar infections. However it isn't working and the condition is just getting worse. This is truly a horrible and very persistent infection and I wouldn't want to go through this again. Please will you let me know what I should do. In particular, is PERSIV only available on a doctor's prescription, or can I get it over the counter at a pharmacy?

Thank you for your assistance.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Shane, the best would probably be to mix the anti-fungal cream with the Persivate® cream. Your pharmacist might be willing to give it to you without a prescription, but strictly speaking, you need a prescription. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.