Question
Posted by: David | 2007/06/05

Irritated penis

Dear Doc

After my wife and i have sex and after showering i get an itch and discomfort as if skin is swollen, on the left side of the penis,just behind the head of my penis where the soft tissue is.

I am circumsised there is a little redness.We are both free of stds.

I wash the lower region with epizone E Salf ointment. It seems worse after a shower and subsides from when it plays up say about 2 hours later. Also condoms aggrevate me if we use them from time to time so my wife does not have all the goo in her.

Any idea

David

Dear David
You may have a skin irritation - the penis skin is one of the most sensitive places on the body. Try using more lubrication like KY jelly. ( you may be slightly allergic to the latex of the condoms) You can try applying a thin layer of cortisone cream like Stopitch.