Posted by: Tumi selema | 2009/09/14

Irritable skin

I' m a 30year old female with sensitive skin.I react to all the beauty product I' ve tried. Awhile back I had a bad infection on my face which my Gp treated with Lotriderm cream and ketnakozole tablets(something like that). It cleared for a few years and then started to reappear again, I went to a different Gp who prescribd Advantan cream which also clears it. I dont want to have to keep using these creams cause I know that they cause the skin to thin etc. how can i treat my skin? the rash doesn' t really itch, and has silvery scales, I' ve tried over the counter psoriasis creams and I react to those also, making the rash worse and itching.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Tumi
One should try to avoid cortisone on the face if possible. You may have a kind of dermatitis which may respond to topical anti fungals like 2% ketoconazole cream. You can wash with dandruff shampoo like Selsun. Sodium sulfacetamide, 10 percent lotion, is also an effective topical agent for seborrheic dermatitis. If it persists it may be worth your while to see a dermatologist. This is a kind of allergy so may be a chronic problem. Try hypoallergenic beauty products like Clinique - very expensive but worth it.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.