Question
Posted by: Very Worried | 2004/11/02

Irritable bowel syndrome and Pregnancy

Please help! I am pregnant and at first had very frequent bowel movements. Since yesterday it became less frequent but now I have trouble with my bowels because it has become harder for me to pass a stool. It is very painful and is bleeding. Is this dangerous in pregnancy. It went from one extreme to the next. What should I do? It's got me frantic with worry.

Irritable bowel is a possibility though you should not have bleeding with this. You may have piles, but any bleeding should be taken seriously. Consult your doctor about this.