Question
Posted by: chinks | 2007/04/27

irritable bowel in 9th month

i m in my 35th week of pregnancy.since 2 weeks i m experiencing very irritable bowel.after eating meals pressure builds up and dosen't evacuate completely.whenever pass urine it pressure is there and i feel it will come out.stool is also semi-solid and sometimes loose.i m taking iron injections also for increasing heamoglobin.since 3 months my bowel is irritable.earlier 3 months back i took metrinadazole also for 5 days.stool test shows no worms.i have also taken course of ranitadine for 7 days 1 month back.now what to do.this feeling of bowel pressure feeling is causing frustration and fear of food.

Bowel pressure is probably normal at this stage. Try taking a stool softener like Normacol.