Our expert says:
It sounds as if the liver and kidneys are screaming for help. It would be best if you could see a good hoemopath to help you, otherwise the following remedies are recommended:
Nux Vom Homaccord from the Heel range taken as recommended for 6 weeks to 3 months
Febro 2 from Natura also as recommended for 6 weeks to 3 months
Bio-Strath Elixir taken three times a day ongoing
Bioflora Capsules taken as recommended for a month
Nephrosolid from A Vogel as recommended for 3 months
Headaches are a symptom, not an illness. The headache is trying to tell you something about what is happening inside the body. Attached is more information for you on headaches and migraines.
The above mentioned products are available from pharmacies and health stores.
HEADACHES / MIGRAINES
What is a headache? - Pain in and around the head.
What are the symptoms of a headache? - Irregular attacks of pain in various parts of the head, or in the sinuses and the facial area.
What is a migraine? - Recurrent attacks of headaches with visual and gastro-intestinal disturbances.
What are the symptoms of migraine? – Recurrent pain with associated nausea, vomiting and photophobia. The pain is usually confined to one side of the head or eye. The patient is irritable and usually wants to be alone in a dark room.
It needs to be remembered that headaches and migraines are not a disease. It is the symptom of a disordered system with many possible origins or cause.
• Mal-alignment of the spine
• Muscular spasms
• Arthritis with nerve compression
• Stress, anxiety, perfectionism, insomnia, depression
• Teeth grinding
• Digestive complaints; constipation, indigestion
• Intestinal toxicity. Stomach ulcers
• Diet – coffee (withdrawal of coffee), fast foods
• Tea, cocoa, salt, fats, excess refined white flour
• Foods and drinks containing sugar or sweeteners
• Low blood sugar
• Toxicity: Using drugs
Kidney disease or sluggishness
Liver disease or sluggishness
Food additives – insecticides
MSG – Monosodium Glutamate
• Liver disease: Toxicity, congestion, gallbladder disease, blood toxicity.
• Head injuries
• High blood pressure
• Circulation: lack of oxygen to brain
• Diseases of ear, nose, throat and teeth abscesses
• Water retention: Pre-menstrual, Post-menstrual, puberty, Vit B6 deficiency
• Birth control pill
• Menstruation and Hormonal Disorders
• After spinal block (epidural)
• Tumour in head
• Eye-strain: Poor eyesight, prolonged concentration, poor fitting eye-glasses
• Bright light
• Headaches and migraines should never be ignored. It is necessary to investigate to find the cause to propose proper treatment. The use of painkillers on a daily or regular basis cannot be encouraged as it can hardly be regarded as a cure as the headaches return once the effect of the drug wears off. Added to this, the toxicity of the pain killers add to the problem in the long run, due to the harmful side effects these drugs have on the liver and kidneys. To use a painkiller while the underlying cause is being addressed might help in severe cases.
Did you know?
The location of the headache provides a good clue to know which organ could be at fault.
• Above the eyes in the forehead – stomach duodenum
• Left side of head, behind ear – small intestine
• Temples and more on the right side around ear – liver and gallbladder
• On top of head – Kidneys
• Back of neck, going up to top of head – bladder
• Behind eyes to left side – hormonal
• Left side, going into left shoulder – Colon and lung
By far the greatest number of headaches will be found to be connected to toxicity from the bowel, kidneys and liver. Anxiety and stress are usually part of the deeper cause.
To treat headaches and migraines successfully, it must be remembered that a simple whole-food diet is essential. Please refer to the attached diet sheet. Remember to drink enough water and to get exercise. Recommended outdoor activities would be walking and swimming as both promote the benefit of breathing in fresh air. If you live in a highly air polluted area, consider investing in an ozone machine to add more oxygen to the air you breathe in your home.
Here follows a list of A Vogel remedies for various organs implicated in headaches:
Boldocynara Liver Drops
Liver and Gall Bladder Formula
Nephrosolid Kidney Drops
Gastronol Tabs – stomach and large intestine/colon
Indigestion Formula – stomach and duodenum
Bioflora caps – small intestine
Petadolor drops – antispasmodic natural pain reliever
Ginkgoforce drops, tabs – poor circulation to the brain, lack of oxygen
Diabetisan – hypoglycaemia
Anti-Toxin Formula – general toxicity: pollution, heavy metals, drugs
Did you know?
- Tooth abscesses could be the main source of toxicity, causing headaches. Rather remove the tooth.
- People take many prescription and over-the-counter drugs at the same time, or during the same day. Drug interactions could be causing your headaches.
- Constipation is very often the cause of headaches and bad breath. Regularly eat prunes and whole fibre such as fresh vegetables, fruit and wholegrains, to maintain a healthy stool which should be passed daily with ease. A Vogel’s Linoforce granules help to cleanse the colon when needed.
- Liver and Kidney function must be maintained to keep the blood and organs free of toxicity. Twice per year, go onto a week of vegetables, brown rice and white fish and lots of water to cleanse the system. At the same time, take Boldocynara, Nephrosolid and Anti-Toxin Formula for a period of 6 weeks to detox the system. You can think of this as your 6 monthly health service!
- Headaches caused by stress can be relieved by hot showers and massage. A Vogel’s Petadolor Formula is very quick in its action to reduce muscle spasm and pain. Dormeasan, another A Vogel product, will calm the nerves and promote better sleep.
Some Advice from Dr Vogel
Headaches should never be dispelled with analgesics. Rather, you should try and discover the cause and then treat it by natural means.
Many headaches are caused by intestinal disturbances. Putrefactive processes develop gasses which enter the liver through the portal vein and, from there, find their way into the bloodstream. Headaches frequently result because the nerve and brain cells are affected by the poisons circulating in the blood. Abdominal troubles and diseases can also trigger headaches. Overwork tends to erode one’s nervous energy and this condition, too, may start a headache. Other problems that may cause headaches include a ruptured disc (slipped disc) resulting from strain. This cause can be successfully treated by a chiropractor. High or low blood pressure, diseases of the blood and nephritis can all trigger headaches.
Let me point out that a headache per se is never an illness, only a symptom pointing to an illness that is causing it. It is for this reason that taking analgesics and chemical drugs to deaden the pain is completely inappropriate. The correct thing to do is to find and then treat the underlying cause. On the other hand, you can do something about a headache by providing the nerve cells with certain biochemical salts which will lessen and often cure the pain. There are also homoeopathic remedies, for example, Sanguinaria Canadensis (bloodroot), which are especially good for headaches.
Headaches can also be caused by insufficient blood supply to the brain. In this case we recommend both Petadolor and Ginkgoforce, also known as Maidenhair Tree. The leaves of this tree contain active properties that can do wonders for the cerebral blood supply.
Physical therapy should not be forgotten either. Relief is often obtained from warm showers directed on the nape of the neck and the spine, as well as massaging. If the headaches stem from an upset digestive system, warm showers directed on the stomach are the answer to alleviating the pain. Onion, horseradish or cabbage leaf poultices can be applied to the back of the neck in order to combat headaches successfully.
Whatever you do, natural treatments and remedies will prove more effective than chemical drugs, which merely dull the pain. It is of fundamental importance to find the cause of the headache and to treat it accordingly.
Headaches need to be taken seriously. Do not dull the pain with drugs without finding the cause. A Vogel’s Bioforce range of herbal and homoeopathic remedies are perfect partners, for people of all ages, to help solve health problems.
All products are available from Pharmacies and Health Stores
For more information please contact:
SA Natural Products (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 2
Botha’s Hill, KZN, 3660
Customer Care lines:
Tel: 031 7838000
Fax : 031 7838080
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.