Posted by: JJ | 2008/11/18

Irregular Thyroid

Hi, i did a blood test for P4, which was normal and TSH at 5.99 and was given eltroxin 50mlg for 2mths. Last week 13/11/08 Thursday went to the DR and was told that the eltroxin was for the P4 and was on the wrong tablets. Now I have come back after twee weeks and redue the test. But for the past week (last week) I have been feeling so bad.

I only experience this simptoms at night. I start getting nauser (want to vomit), hot flushes, blood pressure goes up and instantly have a runny tummy. And it does affect my mood I' m very frustrated and very edgy . I was told by the Dr that this simptoms might not even be related to he thyroid.

So the Head Dr of this practitioner requested that I have a thyroid antibody test done. For what this is I dont know.

My problem is do i see another Dr or What speciallist can I see that will give me result but I' m not on Medical Aid and at this point of time I am not Financially stable.

Please can you advise me to where I can go that does all these test that are affordable as this is making a massive whole in our pockets. I was told that I will need to go to the day hospital but done that and I preferred to go to the private Dr, that is why I ended up at this practitioner.

Can you also tell me is there a special diet that I ll need to follow as well cause when I feel like this then I tend not wanting to eat at all.

Your assistant and advise is greatly appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear JJ
The hot flushes at night can be due to menopause if you are near your 50's, the nausea and diarrhoea could be due to side effects of medication or may be due to a stomach problem. It sounds to me as if you may need to see a physician and you may need more blood tests so it may be cheaper to go to an outpatients department at a provincial hospital and ask for a referral to a specialist clinic.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.