Question
Posted by: sick jewel | 2004/02/25

irregular periods:might affect fertility?

dear doctor GD
im an 18 year old varsity student who suffers from irregular periods. i only strarted my periods at age 15 1/2 in 2001. i probably got them for two months and then never again for about 7 months after that. when they did finally start again they have been coming at any time at intervals of 2 to 3 months. when i do get them its a heavy flow for a whole week!! i also get period pains and i get very emotional. i often feel like(and do) cry during this time!! i was wondering if this will affect my chances of having babies later on in life?
thank you very much doc!

It may mean that you are not ovulating and this would affcet fertility. However, this may settle down later.